Info & Advice
Resources on the COVID-19 situation
Here is a list of resources for children, educators, and parents that you can use to deal with the changes caused by COVID-19.
Just click on the links below to visit the websites.
Take care and stay safe! :)
- Coronavirus: A book for children by Axel Scheffler
Read this free information book for primary school age children about the coronavirus and the measures taken to control it.
- Fact or fiction: How much do you know about the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)? by UNICEF
Take this short quiz to find out more about COVID-19!
- Dealing with COVID-19: LOA? SHN? QO? Here’s a quick guide on the differences by Ministry of Education, Singapore
Read this comic to find out more about LOA (Leave of Absence), SHN (Stay-Home Notice), and QO (Quarantine Order)!
- Two Ways to Read Anytime, Anywhere by National Library Board
Find out more about how to read eBooks on your devices and get your family members to help you to set up the application!
- Education for Justice (E4J) by UNODC
Find animated videos, colouring sheets, and create your own comic as you follow the adventures of The Zorbs, inhabitants of an imaginary planet who overcome a range of challenges thanks to core values and skills.
- Staying Healthy by Sesame Street in Communities
Find videos, colouring sheets, articles, and other activities with your favourite Sesame Street characters!
- Staying Safe at Home by Singapore Children’s Society
Keep yourself safe. We have a right to feel safe at all times. Recognise the signs your body gives when you feel unsafe and know that you can always tell someone till help is provided.
- Teacher, Interrupted: Leaning into Social-Emotional Learning Amid the COVID-19 Crisis by EdSurge
An article about teachers and educators’ emotional state and what can be done to support them through these difficult times.
- How teachers can talk to children about coronavirus disease (COVID-19) by UNICEF
Tips for having age appropriate discussions to reassure and protect children.
- Distance learning solutions by UNESCO
Find a list of useful resources on providing distance learning to students.
- My Hero is You, Storybook for Children on COVID-19 by Inter-Agency Standing Committee
Read this storybook on COVID-19 to your child to help them to deal with the changes caused by COVID-19.
- Talking to children about the coronavirus by Swedish child helpline member Bris
Find advice for parents on how to talk to children about the coronavirus.
- 6 ways parents can support their kids through the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak by UNICEF
A psychologist's advice on how to help your children deal with the many emotions they may be experiencing now.
- Helping children cope with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak by World Health Organization
Find quick tips in a one-page PDF on helping children cope with COVID-19 related stress.
- 24/7 parenting resources by World Health Organisation, UNICEF, the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children, the Internet of Good Things, USAID and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Find quick tips in several one-page PDF on COVID-19 related parenting tips.